With so many devices and appliances now available, preparing new meals from scratch is still a chore for so many. This is because different appliances are needed and the skills and experience to create unique, tasty meals by using recipes.
What is Thermomix TM6?
But what if there was a single device that could not only take the place of different appliances but also help you create delicious meals from recipes that you had never seen before? That device is the Thermomix TM6. An upgrade to the celebrated TM5, this new version combines the functions of several different appliances and ties them together with smart technology to make creating complicated meals simple.
Offering 24 functions that allow you to heat, chop, blend, crush, grate, juice, mince, steam, slow-cook, sous-vide, and faster than ever before, the new TM6 provides an all-in-one device that is compact, easy to use, and lets you expand the type of meals you can create thanks to the enormous catalog of thermomix recipes available. The TM6 offers plenty of attachments that include a steamer and scale.
The TM6 has a built-in WiFi connection, allowing you to control the device from your smartphone. The large touchscreen makes it easy to operate and lets you directly control the TM6 so that you can create new meals from scratch easier than ever before.
Thermomix TM6 New Functions
The TM6 is even better and smarter compared to the previous generation. Some of the new features include the following.
- High Temperature
- Rice Cooker
- Slow Cooking
The touchscreen is now 6.8” wide, nearly double the previous version. And, Cookidoo app is now fully integrated into the device, allowing you to access over 80,000 guided cooking recipes.
What Can a Thermomix Do?
When it comes to cooking and food preparation, a better question is what can the Thermomix TM6 not do. This device combines the features of over 24 different appliances into one compact unit. Plus, there are 14 modes available that range from slow cooking to sous-vide to fermenting and more. What you want to make can probably be done in the TM6.
You can create banana bread, scones, pizza dough, mashed potatoes, and more from scratch when using this one device. Some of the features include but are not limited to the following.
- Recipes: 120 are pre-programmed, but you can access over 80,000 recipes using the Thermomix Cookidoo app. You receive a 6-month subscription upon purchasing the TM6. Afterward, you pay $49 annually for continued access to Cookidoo.
- Step by step cooking guide: The touchscreen is easy to use and will walk you one step at a time through each recipe. Thermomix will tell you when to add what ingredients at the right speed and temperature to get the perfect meal every time!
- Cooking from Scratch: No more packaged and processed foods and take control of what goes into your body. With Thermomix, you can use it to make your own butter, grind your own spices, grate cheese or mill your own flours for gluten-free baking.
- Cooking Speed: Perhaps the biggest advantage of having all these functions in one device is the speed at which you can create meals. You can heat and chop or stir foods in the Thermomix at the same time. This means that you can cut down the time it takes to prepare all the ingredients when creating a dish. Plus, keeping it all in one device makes it more efficient to create meals from recipes.
- Preset Modes: You use the Pre-set modes for blending, kneading, sous vide, slow cooking, and more.
- Blazing Fast: In many ways, the TM6 resembles a standard food processor, but the comparison ends here. Setting the blade speed to 10 results in crushed ice, turning dried chickpeas into flour, or shredding Parmesan in seconds. The machinery is quite loud when set to that level, so you might be thankful that it does not go to 11.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, you can reverse the blades so the non-sharp edges will turn the food inside, stirring them to your heart’s content. The blade speed can also be adjusted to super-slow depending on your needs.
- Precise Measurements: One of the simplest and yet most useful features is the built-in scales. With an accuracy of 1g, you can weigh the ingredients as they are being made instead of separately, reducing the kitchen’s mess considerably.
How to Clean a Thermomix?
Just pour a little water into the bowl and add a drop or two of detergent. Once done, run it at level 10 for a few seconds to remove most of the food residues. If it needs further cleaning, you can remove the bowl and wash it by hand or put it into the dishwasher. Make sure to dry the inside and base of the bowl before placing back on the TM6. The device itself can be wiped down with a damp cloth.
Who Is Thermomix TM6 For?
Basically, the Thermomix TM6 is for those who like to create healthy dishes and experiment with new recipes; the busy working mums care about what their family eats; for the gym rats who loved meal prep and counted every calorie; anyone from aspired home cooks to professional chefs.
What Can Be Improved?
One quirk is that the TM6 can make a custard base for ice cream. It cannot churn the ice cream, which seems odd. Another issue is that the small surface area makes it ill-suited for caramelizing or browning, but that is not unexpected.
However, the biggest problem is the lack of cut-off for speed when the device reaches temperatures of 60C. With no safety cut-off, this is an important issue, especially when using the device manually.
A smaller issue is the learning curve to use the device effectively, but that is more of a nit than a real problem.
Is It Worth the Hype/Price Tag?
There is little doubt that the Thermomix TM6 is one impressive device. It’s easy to use, provides for hands-free preparation. The device is also compact and makes cooking from scratch so simple. For parents, the TM6 can help prepare nutritious meals, including adding vegetables to soups, risottos, and even pasta sauces.
The price is such that this device is not for everyone. However, if you have a sizable budget, spend lots of time in the kitchen, and cares about what goes into your body, then the new TM6 is definitely a perfect addition to your kitchen. You can cook a tasty meal for your loved ones within 30mins. This means fewer food deliveries and eat-outs; the machine will pay for itself in no time!
SwitchBot Bot Review
New smart appliances and devices that make lives easier are certainly attractive from a practical standpoint. But for many, they are simply out of reach from a budget standpoint. However, a new device is inexpensive, easy to install, and can turn many of your traditional appliances into smart ones. This handy device is called a SwitchBot (the Bot).